Come and experience all 7 colors of Bacalar´s fresh water Lagoon. Whether by kayak, motor boat or just relaxing poolside this is one natures treasures that is guaranteed to delight your senses.
There are a variety of activites offered in Bacalar and surrounding areas.
- A boat tour in our pontoon for up to 9 passengers visiting the various cenotes that make up the Lagoon of Bacalar and a visit to the historical Pirate Canal.
- Passing the day in kayak exploring the mangrove for local wildlife.
- Rent a sailboat or catamaran or take a guided tour.
- Get to know the Fort of San Felipe and its museum in the center of Bacalar, only 2 km from the hotel.
- View the work of local artists or watch a dance performance in the Bacalar Casa de Cultura (Culture House).
- Swim in the famous Cenote Azul only a short and scenic 2 km walk from the hotel.
- Explore the ruins of Kohunlich and Dzibanche, only 40 min from the hotel on the way to Escarcega.
- Visit the ruins of Oxtankah 10 km from the city center of Chetumal on the way to Calderitas.
- Enjoy a day on the beach of Mahahual.
- Dive the world famous reef of El Banco Chinchorro in the Sian Kaan bioreserve.
- Get to know the cultural museum of Chetumal.
- Spend the day shopping in the duty free zone of Belize.
- Try your luck in one of the 3 casinos in Belize only 30 mins from the hotel.
- A walk in the park in the town center of Bacalar
- Dancing in the town disco Saturday and Sunday
- Taking in a movie in Chetumal at the Plaza las Americas Mall
- Take a walk along the bay of Chetumal
- Go dancing in one of the many waterfront discos of Chetumal